For a long time, I found it hard to understand why people snacked on Keto like they did on the SAD (Standard American Diet). I never had a good explanation until Dr. Berg put up this video.
Do you really need to buy keto snacks, keto cookies, keto ice cream, keto protein bars, keto beef sticks, fat bombs or keto chocolate?
I personally do intermittent fasting and have a 6 hour eating window during my day from about 11:30 am to 6:00 pm. Sometimes I would like a snack, but knowing that anything that enters my mouth would activate insulin, I think ahead and eat that potential snack as my dessert.
- First of all you have to know WHY you are on keto.
Is it to normalize your blood sugar?
Do you want to lose weight?
- Every time you you put something in your mouth you are spiking your insulin. That occurs whether it is carbs or protein. Water, plain coffee and tea don’t have that effect.
- Even vegetables spike your insulin, but less so.
- Snacking on keto significantly reduces the results you are going to get.
- This is especially important when you do intermittent fasting with two meals about 6 hours apart. Two meals means two meals and no grazing or snacking in between. Eat your potential snack as dessert at the end of the meal.