When I think of Ginger, tummy upset and ginger cookies come to mind. It turns out that ginger as many more health benefits.
I discovered that the local Bulk Barn has candied ginger and dark chocolate covered ginger and that gives me another way to use ginger.
- Ginger contains anti-viral, anti-toxic and anti-fungal properties and is used for the prevention of and treatment for the common cold.
- Ginger acts as an antihistamine and aids in the treatment of allergies.
- Ginger displays anti-inflammatory properties and can be use to treat rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis and various other muscular disorders.
- Ginger treats feelings of nausea: seasickness, morning sickness, motion sickness and side effects of chemotherapy.
Cleansing Ginger Lemonade
- 2 inches (5 cm) ginger root
- 4 cups (1 L) filtered water
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) organic lemon juice
- 1 tsp (5 ml) whole stevia leave or ½ tsp (2.5 ml) ground
- Finely chop ginger root and steep in freshly boiled water for at least 20 minutes. Consider steeping it overnight, as a long infusion maximizes the transfer of the active ingredients into the liquid
- Add lemon juice and stevia and stir
- Serve hot or cold for a refreshing and revitalizing treat